SHOWS & MOVIES TO PUT ON YOUR WATCHLIST

07:50



The Show : Twin Peaks
Episode Count: 38
Seasons: 3
Where to Watch: Netflix

Twin Peaks Travel Poster by Jazzberry Blue

If you haven't ever seen a David Lynch film I would suggest you watch one before giving Twin Peaks a go. He's a brilliant director and there is a ton of symbolism in every single character/plot/setting. With that being said he is not everyone's cup of tea... or coffee - watch the show and you'll get the joke.



It's hard to say who the best character's are as they each bring so much to the story. They are all quirky and strange which is what makes the ensemble so much fun to watch. Although I'm still on the second season I am so excited to get to the new, third season. After the second season ended in 1991, the show became a cult classic.

If people are mad about the length of time between Sherlock seasons this one definitely takes the cake with 25 years. But from everything I've read it has been living up to all the high expectations!


The Show: The Handmaid's Tale
Episode Count: 10
Seasons: 1
Where to Watch: Hulu



This is one of the classic debates of the book vs. the tv/movie remake. The Handmaid's Tale is a classic novel and should be read before watching the series. However, as I know reading is not everyone's first choice if you choose to watch the show first you won't be missing out on too much. Because this show. is. incredible.

Elizabeth Moss has been one of my favorite actresses ever since I first watched Mad Men. She evokes so much emotion in her acting and Handmaid's is full of the feels.

What really blows my mind is how real it all feels. How direct the parallel is to the world we live now to what could possibly happen if enough crazy's banded together. I mean... look at our president.

For real though, watch this show.


The Movie: Okja
Where to Watch: Netflix

Okja by Loinvoyante

I'm sure, unless you've been under a rock for the past few weeks, that you have heard of Okja. People have described it as the modern day Free Willy. But I can tell you it is so much more!
I am an emotional person, something I've said three million and one times on here but this movie shook me to my core. I was angry. Like real, deep seated anger. And I smiled. And I laughed and cried and felt enraged. How many movies have you watched recently that did that?

If you want a synopsis you can read one at IMDB but I'm telling you, just do yourself the biggest favor and watch it.

The Show: The Leftovers
Episode Count: 38
Seasons: 3
Where to Watch: HBOGO

The Leftovers - R. Kikou Johnson


How many times can I talk about this show before it gets annoying? Well too bad I'm doing it again.

I just loved it so much and I find it really unfair that HBO promised them five seasons and it ended after three. But, C'est La Vie!

I've wrote about it before here so you can read my thoughts on that as well.


That's pretty much it for me recently. Between work and life I don't have a ton of time to watch new shows but what I do watch, I make sure it's good.

And one final note. Game of Thrones is back baby! Woohoooo




You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM