HAIR CARE // BLEACHED HAIR

06:58




Oh the wonderful world of hair. 
As I said in my last post I decided to really shake things up after not having dyed my hair for almost two years. What's odd is that prior to those two years I would change my hair color every five to six months. 


And I mean REALLY change my hair. Like from blonde to black to red type of change. I always felt like it freshened things up a bit and there is nothing more empowering than looking in the mirror and seeing a new you.



However, I'm not naive enough to think that this constant bleaching and processing wasn't destroying my hair. 


My hair was breaking off, not growing, dry as the Sahara, and I was not happy.


So that was when I realized it was time for a real change and I chopped it all off to just above my shoulders. Which was a shock at first, but also a huge relief.


Flash forward to now and I let that chop grow and grow until it was almost to my stomach. And it was SO BEYOND healthy I absolutely loved it. Which is when I made the decision to not only dye it but bleach it.


I was so nervous to bleach only because it took ages to be long and healthy again. So I made a vow to really make sure that I took care of it. That I would buy products that nourished it and revived it even with the bleach.


Before

After


Matrix Total Results So Silver is an incredible purple shampoo. I started using it back in September when I noticed that the blonde in my hair had turned brassy -- my biggest annoyance with blonde hair, honestly.


But this shampoo totally revived the blonde and I have been using it once a week since. Now that my hair has far more blonde than before I will make sure to stock up.


Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Ultimate Repair Shampoo is my new go to for the damage that bleaching creates. It lathers up well so no need to use too much at one time but I'm already seeing a dramatic improvement since I started using this.


Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recover Hair Mask has been a literally godsend. When I was researching hair masks this one kept popping up in the articles. You can't beat the affordability and it truly does make my hair feel softer.


I have a feeling the more I use this, the stronger and healthier my hair will get. But I am definitely open to finding more hair masks as I'm not a big fan of coconut oil/Moroccan oils.


Batiste Instant Hair Refresh Dry Shampoo has to be on everyone's shelf at this point. I try to only wash my hair every three days because my hair is naturally dry. Combining that with bleaching is not a pretty picture at all.


I am so happy I made the change and am seriously considering going blonder at my next hair appointment.


As long as my hair feels strong and nourished why not take a risk?








You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM