BAKING // CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD

07:00


Woohoo, another post from my favorite new baking recipe book! I seriously look forward to writing these posts so much because I know that baking goes alongside them. I always enjoy baking the most when I'm feeling a little stressed. Which is perfect right now because I'm stressed beyond belief.

But moving on to the shortbread this is another recipe from the United Kingdom section of the book. According to the history behind shortbread they originated in Scotland and are perfect for afternoon tea. I may have to add a fun little Valentines day twist in there too!


Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cornstarch, plus extra for dusting
  • 2 sticks butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 ounces milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped into small chunks

Recipe Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease two baking sheets. Sift together the flour and cornstarch into a bowl and set aside.

2. Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until pale and creamy. Gradually stir in the flour and cornstarch and three-quarters of the chocolate chunks and mix to a soft dough. Divide the dough into two pieces, then shape each piece into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes.

3. Lightly dust a work surface with a little cornstarch and gently roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/2 inch (1.27 cm). Using a 2 1/4-inch round cutter, stamp out 22 circles, rerolling the trimmings, if necessary. Place the circles on the prepared baking sheets and top with the remaining chocolate chunks lightly pressing them into the dough. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yum! Guess I know what I'm baking tomorrow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I love baking and shortbread is one of my favourites! This has made me so hungry!

    Tiffany x www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww man, I'm starving now.
    This recipe sounds lush. I love short bread. Add chocolate chips and a cup of tea and I'm in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to try this!
    They look so adorable!
    xx

    Got to try this!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM